I came home Tuesday night and I didn’t feel like training for the marathon, so I decided to turn on House Hunters on Netflix for background noise in the house. And I immediately sat my ass down and live-tweeted a drinking game. It just naturally lends itself to a drinking game. So many buzz words. So many ridiculous budgets. So many unreasonable expectations!
So I give you the House Hunters Drinking Game!
Take a drink when someone mentions or says…
- Curb appeal
- Open concept / open floor plan
- Counter / cabinet space
- Granite counter tops (or lackthereof)
- Character / charm
- Space for entertaining
- Vaulted ceilings
- “I don’t like the carpet.”
- “This closet isn’t big enough!”
- “I’m disappointed in….”
- “These ceilings aren’t high enough.” / “The ceilings are just too low.”
- “It’s too small.”
- “En suite.”
- “I always get what I want.” / “S/he gets what s/he wants.”
Take two drinks when…
- You see double sinks
- The hunters get into a shower stall together
- Someone loses their temper with their house hunting partner, i.e.: You can just *paint* it!!
- Someone has an $1+ million budget
Assign a drink when…
- Someone harps on an unreasonable expectation, i.e.: I need a 17′ x 17′ bedroom.
- Someone mentions the budget (either over or under)
- Someone talks about the renovations they’ll have to do
If you aren’t hammered halfway through an episode, you’re doing it wrong.
Side note: I found a fun House Hunters Drinking Game on BuzzFeed after I wrote this whole damn thing. I didn’t do too bad I guess. Also, the only time I ended up looking up a property after watching an episode was when a couple bought a firehouse. Luckily for me, they started a blog called A Fire Pole in the Dining Room. And I am in love.
What else would you add to the House Hunters Drinking Game?
**This is not sponsored/mentioned/in any way affiliated with House Hunters or HGTV nor do I condone excessive or irresponsible drinking.