For some reason, I had such a hard time writing this post. Today’s Blogger, May I prompt is a big dream/goal. I have no idea why I totally blanked when I started to write. Then I’d have thoughts flit through my mind that I instantly shut down because it seems impossible/impractical/narcissistic.
I’m so intrigued by bringing people together and I’d love to be known as a connector in Pittsburgh (and elsewhere). As my internship with Yelp last year unfolded, I realized even more the power of connections. Rachel is a master at connecting people with businesses who deserve attention. She’s also a master at connecting people. I got many emails from her saying, “Check out this job listing!” She’s always willing to help others and I’m so lucky to have been able to work with her.
Connections are also my intention when blogging. I don’t think I could say it enough. I love making connections and I’m working towards making them count daily. It’s crazy to think that I’ve had similar experience with a few people that I never would have known about had it not been for blogging.
I was talking to Marissa today (she interviewed me for her What I’m Working On feature dropping Saturday!) and I’m pretty sure I overemphasized just how much I’m drawn to making connections, especially using words. They’re such a powerful tool.
Inspired by one of my favorite blogging ladies, Laura and her “I can’t wait to…” post, I’m making a someday list today.
In no particular order, someday, I want to:
- Make a living off of writing
- Drink shameless amounts of coffee (in a cute cafe…while writing)
- Connect lots of people with deserving readers/customers/other cool people
- Have a book collection that rivals Thomas Jefferson
- Have a kickass wedding reception
- Get married to the man who has my heart
- Continue the Steers and Beers concert tradition (working on year three)
- Wear those jackets with wolves and snow-covered evergreen trees while sitting on the porch with my best friend complaining about how everything hurts and kids these days suck. Bonus points if there are canes to shake
- Adopt a dog
- Have matching furniture
- Watch my parents (all three of them) meet their grandchild
- Figure out a way to have my father and my step dad both walk me down the aisle
- Go skydiving
- See my best friend get married
- Rock climb
- Travel to the west coast, Europe, and Asia
I think that’s a good start. Gotta get to work!